Johnson County

Description

The first settler of Johnson County was Henry Briden, who built a log cabin on the Nolan River in 1849. His log cabin still exists, and can be seen along State Highway 174 in Rio Vista, Texas. The first county seat was Wardville, now located under the waters of Lake Pat Cleburne. In 1856, Buchanan became the county seat. Johnson County was divided in 1866, with the western half becoming Hood County. Camp Henderson became the new county seat and was renamed Cleburne in honor of Confederate General Patrick Cleburne.

More Information?
  • Johnson County
  • Type: Purchase
  • Status: For Sale
  • House + 3 more
  • $100,000+
  • Save Search

Properties in Johnson County

0 Results

No results found.